The Registered Nurse is a professional caregiver who assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of patients for a designated time frame. She or he provides direct care to these patients via the nursing process, the environmental/instrumentation and management of other health care team members.
1) The RN will plan, perform care, document and demonstrate knowledge of growth and development norms for adolescent, adult and geriatric patients. The RN will demonstrate knowledge of age appropriate equipment and identify and advocate for the safety of the patient.
2) The RN will initiate and document infection control precautions as per policy 100% of the time as well as maintain and document infection control precautions per policy and utilize appropriate PPE. The RN will also provide education to family and patient on the infection control guidelines.
3) The RN will assess, reassess and document patient status per policy including but not limited to admission and discharge documentation. The RN will plan, implement, and document nursing care that is appropriate to the patient's needs, condition, and culture.
4) The RN will collaborate with case management and physicians in the continuum of care.
5) The RN will delegate appropriately to team members to maximize quality of care and utilization of resources.
6) The RN will maintain confidentiality with all information.
7) The RN will meet departmental standards and competencies as evidenced by departmental documentation..
8) The employee will report to work on time and work as scheduled and per attendance policy. The employee will work independently with minimal supervision and utilize policy and procedures of the facility to guide them in the proper course of action.
9) The employee will comply with safety policies and procedures and maintain professional working relationships with co workers, physicians, and customers.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the essential functions of this position as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
A graduate of an accredited nursing school.
Must obtain and maintain a current certification in CPR. Must also have ACLS.
Demonstrated leadership abilities; able to work under stressful situations. Possesses good oral and written communication skills. A demonstrated ability in interpersonal relationships which enhances communication, promotes conflict resolutions, and facilitates staff development. Must be able to follow directions and perform work according to department standards when no directions are given. Must be emotionally mature and able to function effectively under stress.
Desirable characteristics include at least one year of experience as an R.N., preferably in the area of application.
Must possess a current Oklahoma License as a Registered Nurse.